Posie's Blog. Tales of island life on a hebridean hill farm

Posie's Blog. Tales of island life on a hebridean hill farm

Tuesday 12 June 2007

Tagged Response





I have been ‘tagged’ …eek. I was actually tagged a few blogs ago but didn’t understand that it meant you had to provide a list of eight facts about yourself, no I stupidly thought it simply meant you were linked to someone else’s blog! Must concentrate more!

Here goes:

1.I have loved poetry and Shakespeare’s works from a young age, and could often be found, aged 11, performing monologues to a crowd of friends, during my lunch hour at school, as I rehearsed pieces for some performance or other.



2.My brother accidentally killed my hamster and I didn’t find out until his best man spilled the beans in his wedding speech some eighteen years later. There was a long moment of silence following my horrified outburst, as the best man realised his faux pas, and my brother giggled into his champagne.



3.I went on a pond digging holiday with the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers when I was in my late teens. A local journalist came along and tried to take some photos of us up to our waists in mud. We hurled huge globs of the stuff at him, so as to prevent the publication of any such hideous photos, you understand.



4.I went on a windsurfing and sailing weekend to Lake Bala with my brother and a crowd of his mates. We had a huge row and I decided I was going home, but had locked the keys inside the car. I had to get a group of Hell’s Angels who were camping nearby to break into the car, without causing any damage to it, to retrieve the key for me. If any of them happen to be reading this…..then thank you.



5.I was at Drama college with James Nesbitt, Graham Norton, Stephen Tompkinson (who was lovely), Caroline Harker and a whole host of others who went on to become famous.



6.I used to do a lot of youth hostelling, especially around Derbyshire, but would never be without my eyeliner and mascara on such trips.



7.I have backpacked around the whole of Jura several times and feel incredibly privileged to have done so; it is a truly magnificent island.



8.I have spent the last eighteen years of my life with the happy farmer who is completely spontaneous and bonkers in the nicest possible way, providing hours of endless fun and amusement. He is my absolute rock.

PS Still basking in glorious sunshine, photos show the animals’ reaction to the heat.

Until next time…

11 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

I'm right there with the mascara and eyeliner. I do love your pigs.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

When you said Jura I has visions of german mountain ranges and you yomping at speed in large circles around them.. still very impressed when I realsied what you meant. I loev the idea of dramatic exits and missing car keys!!

Suffolkmum said...

What a great list! Also with you on the mascara and eyelineer. i went on an 'outward bound' course with work once and a colleaue was amazed to find my packing list: "two lipsticks, scarves, blusher etc!". Lovely to find out more about people. What was Graham Norton like?

snailbeachshepherdess said...

I do not even own a mascara or an eyeliner ...so I am very impressed! any wayward tales to follow about drama school?

Blossomcottage said...

Oh it all sounds very exciting but I think I would prefer the life you lead now, I would have been furious with my brother, not for having killed the hamster, but for not telling me. I really hate being the only one who doesn't know something in the family!
Blosssom

Pondside said...

Hmmmm Hell's Angels as some sort of auto club rescue society.....who'd have thought?
You certainly bring a lot of energy and history to life with the happy farmer!

Faith said...

The hamster thing struck a chord. I accidently killed my own hamster when I was about 11. It was a horrible experience.

islandhopper said...

What a wonderful life you live. Love the stories, they almost seem too good to be true...

Posie said...

I hopped over to your island island hopper and you haven't blogged, good to hear from you and looking forward to your blogs.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

lovely eight things. I too would never travel without my mascara, unthinkable! your man sounds a treasure.

Triskelion said...

I wonder if you might share a memory of something "lovely" about ST in the old days. He shines with self-effacing grace and extroversion in the role of Fr. Peter Clifford on Ballykissangel. Thank you for a fun blog!